Friday, May 16, 2008

Mail costs - US to Slovenia

think pinkImage from FlickrFew days ago I decided that my iPod Touch is going to need a bit of protection if I am going to carry it around. After a bit of thought I decided to order Sena Ultraslim Pouch since I wasn't too thrilled about some of the other cases that look a bit to chunky for everyday use.

Not too pricey and with a special offer 9.99 dollars for international shipping it seemed a pretty good deal. I grabed my debit card and ordered it straight away. The only problem was that I forgot to read fine print regarding international shipping.

Only after already making a transaction I took the time to read the fine print and see that Slovenia was one of the countries which are not valid for special offer. It seems that although Slovenia joined the EU in 2004 and is heading it for the past five months or so, we still sometimes find ourselves experiencing special treatment. In my case this special treatment would mean that I would have to pay additional 30 dollars to Fedex for costs of getting a package from civilization to Slovenia - the same amount as I would have to pay for the case itself.

If I was a bit disappointed about Fedex (I presume its their policy/offer), I do have to give some praise to Sena though - after contacting their support about my sloppiness, their average response time was about 5 minutes and they reverted transaction straight away. Although funds were already withdrawn from my account, they should happily reappear in a few business days according to their representative. I will probably try to get the same case but this time in some other way.

Oh well, need to think pink and forget about banana republic...

0 comments: